Sunday, February 8, 2009

Programming Update

This is a follow-up to Friday's post about the TNT movie of Ben Carson's story: Gifted Hands. I watched it just to see how bad it was. I loved it! One of the criticisms that the reviewer at USA Today had was that it focused on one event -- his successful separation of cranial conjoined twins -- rather than the incredible story of how he became who he is. But the story began with that accomplishment and then went back and told his story of overcoming early learning disabilities and his struggles with his temper and poverty to rise to the position he now holds. I thought Cuba Gooding, Jr. did a very good job and I was totally hooked on the story from start to finish.

Just goes to show you. Don't always listen to others -- make up your own mind about things!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Yeah, especially big media people. I rarely agree with them.