Monday, February 2, 2009

Do You See What I See?


We spent the weekend gutting the master bathroom. So....I guess at long last, we're really going to do the redecorating thing. On Friday, the plumbers came out and cut apart the fiberglass tub and shower unit and hauled it out, and they moved the drain and put in the new pipes. It just so happened that at that same time, there were somewhere between 12 and 20 (so it seemed, anyway) guys on top of the house ripping the roof off...to replace it with a new one. It sounded like I was living in a war zone! But I digress...as usual.

After the plumbers had gone, I went in and stripped all the wallpaper. Boy...that was really good wallpaper. I don't know how many years it's been up there, but it wanted to stay even longer! Finally, after I got all that down I started prying the tile up off the floor. We're having new put in that will match the new, larger shower. Jerry wasn't sure it would come up the way we wanted, but I couldn't stand not trying it. It worked out pretty well.

Jessica came over as I was working on that part of the project and she said, "You're going to keep some of those pieces, right? At least this one. (She pointed with a toe.) You HAVE to keep this one!" I knew right away what she was talking about, but I just said, "What am I going to do with it?" She said, "I don't know. But you have to keep it."

You see...for 18 years I have spent a great deal of time sitting on my "throne" and pondering the floor tiles. If you used just a little imagination, you could see shapes in them. You know...like Charlie Brown sees in the clouds. Jerry always thought I was nuts and couldn't see any of what I was trying to show him. But other people could see them. It was a little awkward to ask someone to come into your small (tub and toilet area) bathroom with you and look at the floor. But I did. The one particular tile Jess was referring to was, to us, the most obvious. When we look at it we see a horse...facing left, complete with bridle. You can clearly see his head and his back. You can't see his belly or legs because, standing in front of him, facing right, is a lamb! You can see that she's white and wooly and she has her head down. Her nose and legs are black. You can "clearly" see that, right???
Jess was right. I really need to keep that one. This barnyard duo have been friends of mine for a very long time.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

i have papa bear from the berenstain bears living in my shower and lots of other storybook characters on the floor in front of my throne! see....brillient women see things others don't....either that or i really need to cut out the diet mountain dew! miz b

Melisa @ Sweet Home said...

I see it! (Could be the migraine I'm fighting this morning, though...)

Anonymous said...

What??? You never invited me into your bathroom to look at tile images! Maybe you already knew I was too much like Dad. Horse and sheep??? Whatever.