Saturday, January 5, 2008

Making Memories


Around the time Savannah was born -- December 18, 2002 -- I found a book called "Christmas Memories Book". It has a red leather hard cover and gold lettering. It's pages have pretty detailing and they give information on many Christmas traditions. There are places to fill in all the information for that year, such as: who was there, what you had to eat, what your favorite gifts were, etc. And there is a page each year for a picture or favorite card.

I got it and decided that each year I would write a "letter" to Savannah about our Christmas. What she was doing and what her favorite things were that year. I would make a point of getting a picture of just her and me together and put it in the book. I plan to do this for 20 years and not let her know anything about it until I give it to her after it is all filled up.

Almost the entire time Jodi was pregnant with Emery, I searched for a similar book that I could fill in for him. I found a really cute one -- but hesitated because, after all, he would most likely outgrow "cute" in the span of 20 years...and besides, it didn't have a place for a picture. In this case procrastinating paid off. Before I could get that one ordered, I came across a catalog that had the SAME identical one that I had for Savannah. So now I have one for each of them and I write "letters" to both of them every year. Here are the pictures that will go into the books for Christmas 2007:






3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Yet another tradition I'm putting im my "someday" memory.....

The Henderson's said...

That is SO sweet and I know they will really appreciate the books as they get older.

Anonymous said...

you weren't supposed to tell anyone we are doing this! opps...guess i just told too! oh well. let's just hope in the next 15 years we can still remember what to write about! how can 5 christmas's already be done and dusted? miz b