Tuesday, January 8, 2008

Book Meme

Over a week ago, Jodi tagged me on her blog for a "book meme". I still don't know how to link to other blogs and all that fancy stuff, so I haven't done it yet. I just decided to do it without linking up until one of the girls has time to show me how to do it.

So here goes. Reading a book...now there's a novel idea. (I'm sorry, sometimes I just can't help myself). Seriously, reading is something I always thought I would do when I had "more time". Now my time is pretty much my own and I don't make much time at all for reading. But I will give this a shot:

1. One book that changed your life: I would have to say my Bible. And I need to spend much more time in it this coming year. Jessica got me a good bible study book for Christmas and I intend to really get into it.

2. One book that you have read more than once: I really can't think of any. I have several that I have enjoyed, but I read very slowly and have too many that I want to read to be going back over one that I have already read.

3. One book you would want on a deserted island: Is this a trick question? I think I would want something with a title like "How to Build a Boat from Limbs and Weeds"

4. One book that made you laugh: Years ago anything by Erma Bombeck. More recently, last summer I read "You're Lucky You're Funny" by Phil Rosenthal. He was the creator and executive producer of the TV show Everybody Loves Raymond".

5. One book that made you cry: I hate sad books, sad movies, etc. Years ago I remember reading "The Dead Zone". The main character was so likeable and when he died in the end I was very upset. I literally grieved for days. I try to avoid sad books like they were a plague!

6. One book that you wish had been written: "How to Follow Through on Making Changes in Your Life"

7. One book that you wish had never been written: "The Dead Zone". (Why oh why did he have to die?)

8. One book you are currently reading: "Home to Holly Springs". Jerry got it for me for Christmas. I loved the Mitford Series of books by Jan Karon. That series ended, but now she is starting this new series, and this is the "first of the Father Tim novels". Going back into the history of Father Tim Kavanaugh, the main character. Very sweet books.

9. One book you have been meaning to read: One? I'm not sure. Jodi got me "Feathers From my Nest" for Christmas. It's by Beth Moore, whom I love, and Jodi highly recommends the book and says she has given this book as a gift more than all other books combined. But Jodi also listed it on her blog as the one book that made her cry. So...."there's the rub" Father Tim would say. :)

1 comment:

jodi said...

Thanks for playing!