Saturday, July 19, 2008

Tiny Talkers


Every once in a while Jodi will post "Tiny Talk Tuesday" on her blog and share something cute the kids have said. Even though I've been in a sort of a blur ever since getting back from vacation, I AM aware this is not Tuesday. But the kids were over here the other day and said a couple of things that made me laugh.


Emery is newly potty trained now and doing very well. But he was spending the night and so I just felt better if he wore a diaper for overnight. (After all...he was sleeping with grandpa and grandpa can't swim.) Sure enough, it was wet in the morning. But he got up before me and took it off to go potty. Later, I looked for the diaper in our bathroom and the guest bathroom and didn't see it anywhere. I asked him where he put it and he matter-of-factly said, "It was wet, so I put it in the dryer." (!!!! LOL)

Later the two kids were playing together with some toy figures. Have you ever listened to kids when they're playing and using their imaginations? It's pretty cool. I was only slightly tuned in, but I heard Savannah say, "This is the guy that poop decks the ship." (Say what????)