Friday, July 24, 2009

Quilt As Desired - Part Two


Early last February, I posted a picture of a six-point star quilt top that I made for my friend, Pam's, birthday. I said that it was my intention this year to make each of the Batty Babes (my quilting group) a quilt top for their birthday. Each of them can "quilt as desired" by hand or machine. This is the longest stretch that we go between birthdays, but the other night we celebrated again. This time it was Elaine's turn to be spoiled with our gifts and good wishes.

I dug into my stash to find old fabrics, again, and made her this design called "Birds in the Air". Elaine is a long arm quilter. For those of you not familiar with that term, that means she has a professional quilting machine. It will take her no time at all to turn this top into a snugly, warm quilt. Here is a picture of her (she's on the right) at our party...with some of the other Babes...studying all the little fabrics. Such fun we have!
From now till the end of the year the birthdays will be coming fast and furious...so I need to get busy!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I love it!!! Wish I could have seen it in person. I was surprised at how small the block was. That had to take you awhile. Another beautiful quilt by JB.
Gail

Desiree said...

I am truly speechless about this quilt top. It is wonderful, gorgeous, breath taking!