Monday, January 26, 2009

I Didn't Even Know it Was His Birthday


We had the grand kids for the weekend, and that's always fun...and interesting. On Saturday they were both busy for quite a while. I was vaguely aware that they were getting out all their favorite toys from one end of the house to the other. That's normal. Then, after a bit, they came in and announced to Grampy that it was his birthday and they had set up a party for him -- with surprises. All that was required of him was to close his eyes so they could lead him to where they had set up the festivities.

In this first picture, you can see that along with a couple of plates of plastic food, Emery is "gifting" Grampy with a small, fuzzy white evening bag. In the background, Savannah is getting the little Sammy Sosa bear fitted with his Cubs' hat. What becomes more clear in this second picture is that the whole shindig took place in our bathroom! You can see more party food set out on plates on the toilet...and heaven only knows what Savannah is showing him in the "surprise box".
Maybe it's me. Maybe I misunderstood. Maybe they said they were having a "birthday potty". I guess I need to play closer attention when I'm baby sitting.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

You were probably on Facebook! :)