Friday, January 25, 2008

Save a Tree!


I love Kermit the Frog, but I disagree with him when he says, "It isn't easy being green". There are some very simple things we can do to be environmentally friendly. For one thing, I don't use paper napkins...I use cloth ones. I don't see why a tree should have to die because I have a couple of crumbs on my face or I couldn't quite lick all the barbecue sauce off my fingers. Just throw the napkins in with any load of laundry and they're good to go all over again...and again...and again. You get the picture.

One of the other easy ways I'm helping is by using a really great web site the Jessica turned me on to a couple of months ago. If you're not already a member, please join the team! It's FREE! Who doesn't like free? The web site is http://www.catalogchoice.org/ and you can put in the names of all the catalogs you get in the mail that you don't want and they will contact the company for you and tell them you want to opt out of receiving any more catalogs. This is a wonderful thing and very easy to do. I started doing it before Christmas when we were being inundated with catalogs every day. I have personally opted out of 63 different manufacturer's catalogs. After only 3 months in business, the web site has 476,922 members opting out of over 5 million catalogs! (5,682,378 to be exact) That has got to save some trees, don't you think? If you later decide you want to receive catalogs again from a particular company, you can reverse it. I keep the cover page of the ones I've chosen not to receive and if I think of something I need that they might have, I can go on line and look. Almost all of them have on-line stores. So won't you help today and join so we can save some more trees? My grand kids might like to sit in the shade some day!

No comments: