Sunday, November 2, 2008

Happy (Belated) Halloween!

Yes, I know it was two days ago. But I was waiting for Jodi to post pictures of the kids in their Halloween costumes. And besides...I've been in pain for two days! (Sic 'em, Dawgs!)

Savannah had seen The Wizard of Oz for the first time last fall and she loved it. So for Christmas, I got her ruby red slippers and a basket with Toto. She's enjoyed playing with them ever since. Then one day a couple of months ago, I saw some blue and white checked material in my sewing closet and I asked her if she wanted to be Dorothy for Halloween. Well, of course she did! Then Jodi found a Dorothy wig on line and she was good to go. Also last year, my mom had gotten Emery some Batman pajamas...complete with a cape. They were too big on him, but this year they worked just fine for a Halloween costume. Again, Jodi just had to find a Batman mask and he was all set.

Since I don't have children to dress up any more (except for making a dress for Savannah), I "dressed up" my living room with a few new pieces this year. I have recently discovered an artist by the name of Bethany Lowe and I like her stuff. I like the old fashioned look of this little Trick or Treat girl...and the gnarly feel of "Mr. Gourdo". One more "treat" I gave myself was a spider web valance for the top of the window along side the fireplace. Jessica looked at it and asked, "So...is Elvira living here now?" (I don't know where she gets that smart mouth of hers...must be from her dad.) But I like it! That way I can leave all the rest of the cobwebs in place and call them decorations, too.

Hope you had fun on your Halloween!

No comments: