Tuesday, March 31, 2009

Communication Sherwood Be Good

We were eating lunch yesterday and the phone rang. Jerry answered it. I heard him giving someone directions to our house. When he hung up, I asked him who it was that needed to know how to get here. Here's how the conversation went:


Jerry: "It was Sherwood Forrest. They need to make a delivery."
(Note: Sherwood Forrest is a miniature golf course here in town.)

Me: "What kind of a delivery would Sherwood Forrest be making? Are they bringing you a new putter?"

Jerry: "I don't know."

Me: "You didn't ask what they were delivering?"

Jerry: "No."


So a short time later there was a knock at the door. He answered, I heard him say "Thank you" and then he came in...with a funny look on his face and a flower arrangement in his hands.


Ooooohhhhhh....Sherwood FLORIST! It was a beautiful spring arrangement from my cousins who were here last week! And my kitchen looks bright and sunny with them sitting on the table, even though it's raining outside and soaking the roots of all the spring flowers in the yard. Thanks, Cathe and Melissa! It Sherwood be fun to get together again soon!!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Y'all are so funny!
And the flowers are beautiful. I'm glad your cousins enjoyed their visit!
Deb

The Henderson's said...

Well, Ms. Jo Beth -- had these beautiful flowers arrived on either a Wed., Thurs. or Sat. I'd say the unclear voice on the other end of the phone was my dad... He delivers for Sherwoods 3 days a week!!! But can't blame an unclear Monday phone conversation on him.

LOL. :) ~ MEN ~