Friday, October 17, 2008

Newly Inspired

Yesterday I went with a couple of friends to the Georgia Quilt Show at the Gwinnett Convention Center in Duluth, Georgia. It's been a while since I've been to a quilt show, and this was a good one. So many beautiful quilts to admire and be inspired by. I usually find something in many of the quilts I look at that I want to try or a part of them that I want to incorporate into my work somehow. Whether it's a new color combination, a slightly different spin on something I've done before, a new technique or the way a quilting pattern changes the look of the piece. Sensory overload at it's best! Many shows have a "vendor mall" also. That's an area where quilt shops, sewing machine dealers, etc. have things you can buy. And, boy...did we buy! There were lots of vendors at this show and I came home toting bargain fat quarters, new patterns, and a couple of really cool storage/tote bags. So I will have fun today putting everything away in special places and in the next few days/weeks dreaming of all the new things I'm going to be trying.

No comments: