Saturday, October 11, 2008

Let There Be Light

A few years ago, we remodeled my sewing room. It's a regular bedroom in the basement. Jerry stained some unfinished cupboards for storage and cut down and stained some base cabinets to use to support a work top. I love it! There has always been a problem with the lighting, though. It has a standard 3-bulb fixture in the ceiling in the middle of the room. Not great light to work by. We tried putting some fluorescents in there, but they were worse for some reason. And whatever light was coming from there, I was working in my own shadow. So I've just continued to sew and Jerry continued to worry about my going blind.

A couple of weekends ago, I was gone for two days to the annual Women of Faith Conference in Atlanta (awesome, by the way). He had intended to surprise me by having an electrician in while I was away and put some lighting under the cupboards to illuminate my work space. He had to tell me about it, though, because the electrician wasn't able to come out until after I got home. But that way I did get some input into what I would like. It's all done now and the difference is really amazing!

And, lo, though I have worked in the shadow of darkness I have now seen a great light!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Yeah! I can't wait to come play in the new lighted sewing room!