Wednesday, May 28, 2008

A New Perspective

I've mentioned before that I like new beginnings. New Year's resolutions, Mondays, all kinds of fresh starts. Anything that makes me feel energized and ready to start anew. So it stands to reason that I have always liked the saying, "Today is the first day of the rest of your life." Something to think about, right?

A few weeks ago, we went to Jessica's church (Eastridge Community church in Covington) and Pastor Scott was asking us to examine how we were living our lives. He was talking about how, if we knew our days were numbered, we might change our perspective and/or our priorities. He used that saying, but changed the last 5 words. He said, "Today is the first day of your last days on earth". Wow. Talk about having something to think about!

1 comment:

Jess said...

Yeah, especially when those years start zippin' along like the orange cones on the side of I-20!
(Glad you felt at home at my church home.) :)