Sunday, March 15, 2009

For the Cause

My quilt guild, the Cotton Boll Quilters, does a lot of charity work of which I am very proud. One of their on-going ministries is called "Journey of Hope". Guild members make quilts for children of all ages and we try to keep a stash on hand so that if we hear of a child who is suffering an illness, has lost a home due to fire or some other tragedy, has lost a parent, etc. we can hand them a quilt of their own and offer them comfort in a very tangible way.


Our stash is low and so we've all been reminded and encouraged to "make quilts for Journey of Hope!" I made a top last week that I hope will be the first of several. I was inspired by one I saw hanging up at Sweet Home Quilt Co. It was quick and easy...and in bright colors that I hope will cheer a child who needs it. I mostly hand quilt, but that is very time consuming. A friend volunteered to machine quilt some if I would put the tops together. So let's hope this is just the start of a productive collaboration.


P.S. If you click on the picture, it should enlarge and you can see these fun fabrics better.

No comments: