Tuesday, February 10, 2009

Who is That?


If you're like us, you get tons of return address labels in the mail...and you hardly ever mail anything. I usually just keep most of them for the grand kids to play with as stickers and don't always look closely at them. But the other day we got some interesting ones.


A few years ago my friend, Mellie, said that when they fill out information for places like the grocery store (to get a discount card), etc. her husband suggested that they alter the spelling of their name a little bit. Then if they start getting mail addressed that way, they would know the store had sold their information. I thought that was a good idea -- but I never remembered to do it.


So I was really surprised to see address labels that said, "Mr. Jo and Jerry Beth". Once in a while there will be a little different spelling, especially in my name...but this? I had to laugh. "Mr. Jo" (not Joe) is apparently married to a "Jerry" (I've seen the spelling of the female names as Jeri or Jerri) and there was a huge B for the last name of "Beth". It just tickled me. Must have been a slow day.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Now how did they come up with that combination???