Friday, December 19, 2008

Terror Strikes Small Town!!!


I have several Christmas village pieces and I usually set some of them up on the mantle and some on top of the piano. The grand kids haven't been that interested in them until this year. Now they play with the ones on top of the piano (because they're the ones they can reach) every time they come over. Sometimes I won't notice what they've done until I plug in the lights for the next evening's ambiance. Then I get a chuckle. Like the time the hedges that usually "grow" on the sides of the house had been transplanted to the front...and a yellow rabbit in a pink hat seemed to be standing guard in front of the door. I can only wonder what was going on in their imaginations.

Then another evening I noticed that pirates had taken over the house and stood watch on the balcony. This one I can understand a little better. One of the things they like to play with when they come to my house now is the pirate ship toys. Besides the big ship which they can build, there are pirates, treasurer chests, canons that really shoot canon balls...and their new favorite -- a crocodile.


But the other day while they were here playing, I saw what Emery was doing. There were canon balls laying on the ground and all the people in the village (the "Village People" as it were) were laying down as well. There were pirates and the ever-popular crock. I said to Emery, "Oh, my! It looks like the pirates are shooting the people with canon balls!" He calmly, and somewhat sadly, said, "Yeah. The crocodile has ruined Christmas."

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

this is great! I can just see their imaginations at work!