Tuesday, December 23, 2008

I Had a Seizure


That's right. Last week -- right in the middle of the great cookie bake -- I had a seizure! I was melting some chocolate morsels for my chocolate covered peanut clusters and then it happened. Instead of a bowl of smooth, creamy chocolate that I could work with, I pulled from the microwave a bowl that had a wad of chalky brown stuff in it. I was very upset. I had bought several bags of different types of morsels for my baking and none of the rest had any problem. I had more, so I could go on with my clusters...but then I wouldn't have enough for the fudge. You've GOT to have the fudge!! So I told the girls I was going to write to Nestle and complain. Jodi ignored me and Jessica just rolled her eyes.


The next day I dropped an e-mail note to Nestle. (Don't you just love the computer? I would never have taken the time to sit down and write them a real letter!) I was very pleased to get a prompt reply. They told me my chocolate had "seized". Hmmm. They also said they would send me by mail a pamphlet that has baking tips and talks about seizing and how to avoid it and how to fix it. They also said they would include a coupon for a free bag of morsels. Now aren't they just the nicest people? They could have just said, "Look, stupid, you got moisture in it somehow and we can't be responsible for that." But they didn't. So I sent a copy of the e-mail and their answer to the girls and said, "See? The squeaky wheel and all that." Jodi's reply was, "Yep, that sounds like you. Seizing the chocolate. And the coupons."


May your holidays be bright and your chocolate always creamy!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

What a coupon freak you are! Like I say it always pays to bitch! See you got a free bag and now can make whatever you want and the satisfaction of knowing that you got in the end what you wanted! The joy of bitching!!

Guess who/SH

Anonymous said...

Jo Beth,
I have had that happen also, and thought that I cooked it too long in the microwave. It turns stiff and very uncooperative. What a mess. Glad Nestle was good to you.

Merry Christmas,
Deanna