Monday, July 28, 2008

The New "Room"


I feel like we've added a new room to the house. I had posted that after we had the house painted, we replaced the old wooden swing and rocking chairs on the front porch with a new wicker set.

While we were on vacation in Illinois, I did a little shopping. I found a small baker's rack (for $5!!!) at the flea market in Sheridan on the 4th of July. That is now hanging on the wall to the left of the swing. I went antique shopping with Shirley and Judy one day and found a cute, old wooden planter box. That now sits to the right of the swing...and left of the front door. We also replaced the light fixtures...and when I say "we", I mean Jerry. Between the planter box and the new light, we hung a stepping stone-type plaque. The throw pillows on the swing were an end-of-the-year bargain at Wal-Mart.

To the right of the front door, in the space between there and the rocking chairs, I put a big-ass fern on a small stand. The finishing touch was a runner from the front door to the steps that repeats the fern design.

Doesn't it look inviting? Why don't y'all c'mon down and sit a spell? I'll make you some peach tea.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I commented on the e-mail..but I will comment again. It looks lovely and so inviting that I wish I could sit a spell a enjoy it. Jerry did a great job. Has he started the living room yet??

Shirley

Anonymous said...

man, i would love to come and sit a spell and rock and sip some tea, but school is back in session and the time has passed for sitting and swingin'! it looks great. how much do you sit and swing these days yourself? hope it is hours and hours when the sun goes down. miz b

Anonymous said...

The porch looks really great with the new decorating! In my mind I'm there on the new wicker with that glass of peach tea, good conversation, & a good book! Joan