Monday, January 3, 2011

Happy New Year!

I've written before that I like new beginnings...Mondays, new months, new years and, in this case, a new decade. I feel energized. As a matter of fact, I'm writing this at 6:00 in the morning and I've been up and "doing" for about an hour now. If you know me at all, you're shocked.

I've never thought of myself as a goal oriented person, but I like getting organized in the hopes of accomplishing some particular thing(s)...so I guess that's a goal. This year really calls for me to change my ways. The first year that I was fully retired was somewhat productive. But this past, second year, has been a total waste of time. It's so easy to procrastinate when you have what feels like all the time in the world to do whatever you want or need to get done.

Like many of my friends, I have fallen victim to FaceBook. I love the idea of keeping in touch with friends and family and reestablishing a connection with folks I thought I'd never catch up with again. But the games are an addiction that I may need to join a 12-step program to overcome! My habit this past year has been to jump on the computer first thing in the morning to read my e-mail and check in on FB and a few other favorite sites. Then I would play a game or two (or more) while deceiving myself with the idea that I was waking my brain up. The truth is that I was dulling it down and wasting the most productive time of the day. I need to get back to my creativity...in writing, sewing, making scrapbooks, organizing photos, and several other projects on my "to do" list. Some of these seem overwhelming and that's why it's been so easy to put them off. But I intend to make some major changes in my routine this year.

One other goal I have set is to get back to blogging more (has it really been since August that I posted last???) So you will be able to tell if I'm at least keeping up with one of my intentions. I hope this new year will be a productive and satisfying one for you, too. And now, as Emery says, "Let's do this thing!"

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Glad to see you're back to blogging and your old self again. Maybe we can keep up this way and not thru e-mail (since it doesn't work)!! Glad to see you are doing something productive and that you have your shit together for 2011. You Go Girl!!!

Luv you. Shirley

Quilting Bea said...

Thanks, friend. Now you get YOUR "shit" together and get DSL at home so we CAN e-mail!

Mellie said...

So glad you're back. I missed your blogs!

Anonymous said...

I am so happy to see you are blogging again, I just read your latest and am glad to see your wit is still sharp. Keep on writing, I love reading your words of wisdom or whatever.
Deanna