Monday, April 5, 2010

Laundry Mishap

As I was tossing in a load of laundry this morning, I was thinking that this is a picture perfect day to hang it out on the line to dry. I love using my clothesline...I'm being ecologically responsible and the clothes smell wonderful. Today looks like a great day for that -- sun shining, low humidity, nice breeze. But looks can be deceiving. We have also just really started pine pollen season. Anyone who lives with pine trees knows what I'm talking about. A light yellow powder covers everything! I laughed to myself and said, "Not today. I don't want my undies coming in looking yellow!"
Then I proceeded to toss yesterday's new bright, sunny yellow Easter table cloth into the tub. Well....same result as hanging outside. I did have a split second thought, so I also tossed in a dye magnet sheet. I guess I didn't realize how much yellow dye was in the table cloth! So now one of the nice, white fluffy towels in the guest bathroom is a very lovely pale shade of yellow. Actually, it matches the room quite nicely. And if I knew how to get a very pale purple one and a very pale green one I would go for it. But I don't, so it just looks goofy.
If you see a guy running around in tighty yellows -- as opposed to tighty whities -- just send him this way. He's mine.

1 comment:

jodi said...

Haha! That's kinda funny! :)