Friday, January 30, 2009

The Gift Quilts

Most years recently, somebody has gotten a quilt as a Christmas gift from me. This year I made two of them...one for each of the grand kids. Now I realize that no 3 or 6 year old is going to climb up on Santa's lap and say they want a quilt for Christmas, but I do hope they will enjoy using their quilts. Some time ago I had asked Savannah if we should make her a pink and white quilt. I had already been collecting some pink fabrics. She said, "Oh, yes. And purple (okay) and red (stop right there). So I made her a pink and white and purple quilt. And, actually, when she opened it she was very happy with it. We were sitting on the floor and she wrapper it around herself and curled up in my lap and said, "It makes me want to go back to sleep." That's as good a reaction as I could hope for. The other day we snuggled up in it on her bed for a photo op.


Emery's quilt is a bunch of fish bowls. It was a lot of fun to collect all the different fish and mermaid and underwater fabrics for this one. He was pretty busy with superheros, toys, games and candy on Christmas morning and didn't pay much attention to it. But when we got it out to look at it the other day, he was pretty fascinated. It's like looking in a lot of little windows at the aquarium.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Even though I saw both of these in their construction stage, it's so much more fun to see them with Emory and Savannah! They're so cute (the kids and the quilts)!

Anonymous said...

Oops! I misspelled Emery's name!

Anonymous said...

Great pictures, even better memories. They sure look different with two cuties wrapped in them. Gail

Anonymous said...

I lovelovelove Savannah's quilt. Every princess needs a quilt like that! Emery's quilt is fun! All those underwater prints! Wow!
Debra